3830

[3830] 50FallSprnt VE3CRU/R Rover QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, VE3CRU@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] 50FallSprnt VE3CRU/R Rover QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 23:30:02 +0000
                    50 MHz Fall Sprint - 2022

Call: VE3CRU/R
Operator(s): VE3CRU
Station: VE3CRU/R

Class: Rover QRP
QTH: FN04na
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

The sponsor and others need to know how many rovers engaged in the contest,
regardless whether successful or not.  Was NOT for me, but was fun.  For this
reason I am using the Soapbox go give the details.

 The evening was hot and the 817 kept drifting downwards while I listened to
VE3UBL/b on 50.058.00, frequently in fact.  Come contest time, nothing could be
heard from anyone, using a whip on the vehicle roof.  This location has been
very productive in the past, but not this time.  UBL/b is actually listed as
.059 but I tuned low.  It is not in Toronto, but 5 miles west of my house, in
Ajax running 10W to a turnstile antenna.

Many thanks to the sponsors and to all who struggled against poor conditions to
show some results.  Looking forward to further activity.

73,

Bill   VE3CRU .........