3830

[3830] 50FallSprnt NV4B/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt4xa@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] 50FallSprnt NV4B/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 21:23:54 +0000
                    50 MHz Fall Sprint - 2022

Call: NV4B/R
Operator(s): NV4B
Station: NV4B/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: TN/GA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

Total:  QSOs = 35  Mults = 32  Total Score = 1,120

Club:

Comments:

I operated from Raccoon Mountain near Chattanooga in EM75hb and the Lookout
Mountain overlook on GA 189 in EM74gv.  Band conditions were amazing for the
middle of August:  Europe, double-hop to VE1/VY2, the Caribbean, and strong
double-hop to the West Coast all made appearances.

I checked analog a couple of times, found no activity, and could not drum up any
with my CQs, so all QSOs were FT8 except for one MSK144 QSO.  Although there was
a lot of activity on digital, quite a few were unaware the contest was going on,
even as I called "CQ TEST".  It was frustrating to run into stations
who still can't handle being called in contest mode while they are operating in
normal mode.  There is apparently still some software out there that doesn't
handle this gracefully as new versions of WSJT-X do.  I lost two or three DX
QSOs because of this issue (later in the contest, I relented and switched out of
contest mode to deal with such stations).

I'm looking forward to roving in the rest of the SVHFS Fall Sprints!