3830

[3830] 50FallSprnt N2SLN(@N2SLN/P) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 50FallSprnt N2SLN(@N2SLN/P) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 15:03:07 +0000
                    50 MHz Fall Sprint - 2022

Call: N2SLN
Operator(s): N2SLN
Station: N2SLN/P

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN22
Operating Time (hrs): 3.0

Club:

Comments:

Drove an hour to a hilltop in northwest FN22, assembled a 5-el Yagi, and tilted
it up to 20 feet above ground. Finished 10 minutes before the sprint and heard a
Florida beacon. Of course, the band proceeded to die between the time I got the
antenna pointed toward Florida (hearing S9 signals) and the time the sprint
started. Luckily I did somehow catch a Nova Scotia station in FN75 for my best
DX at 613 mi / 986 km. That was a much weaker burst of Es. No Perseids meteor
burns noticed on SSB/CW as in years past. Worked only one station in the 2nd
hour and one in the 3rd, so did not do the last hour, except to continue to
listen for opportunities on the loop while driving back home.