3830

[3830] 222Up K2DRH Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k2drh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] 222Up K2DRH Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 14:52:20 +0000
                    ARRL 222 MHz and Up Distance Contest - 2022

Call: K2DRH
Operator(s): K2DRH
Station: K2DRH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN41vr IL
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  222:   35
  432:   43
  903:   12
  1.2:   14
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
------------
Total:  104  Total Score = 64,429

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team:

Comments:

Things have been a bit crazy around here since I brought home COVID 19 from the
CSVHF conference. It exacerbated some minor chronic conditions N2KMA and I had
and we also experienced the Paxlovid rebound.  Needless to say with physical
energy at an ebb very little got done in the way of station maintence, so 2304
and 3456 were still not working.  Sadly there seems to be litte opportunity to
exercise those bands anyway.   Glad this was just a 24 hour event.

It was painfully slow.  Conditions went from marginal the first day to poor the
second day thanks to pouring down rain. While there was some initial analog
activity most of My Qs seem to rely on digital, phone calls and chat paages.
Activity was actually reasonable for the Midwest with flat conditions yet many
“normal” stations were not on or spent limited time, possibly related to
health issues.   There were very few rovers out, but I did find KC0P/R and
N0HZO/R in 3 grids.

This contest has no power categories, but I was defacto low power since I have
nothing beyond 100W on 222 and 432 and 50W above that.

73 de Bob2 K2DRH