3830

[3830] CQWW VHF K0BAK/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF K0BAK/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 18:53:41 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2022

Call: K0BAK/R
Operator(s): K0BAK
Station: K0BAK/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs): 3

    6:  13      9
    2:  25     19
-------------------
Total:  38     28  Total Score = 1,764

Club: Mt Airy VHF Radio Club

Comments:

I intended to operate in four grids near Gap PA on Saturday, but an approaching
thunderstorm had me shut down and return home after only one grid and less than
1.5 hours. Got a few 1000–1500-mile contacts on 6m SSB from Texas to Florida
with 80w and a Moxon before I left. Sunday morning operation from a different
grid near home was shortened to 1.5 hours by family obligation. Overall, I was
happy several rover station improvements worked well in the field; I'm looking
forward to the next VHF contest where I hope to operate longer from more grids.