3830

[3830] NAQP CW N7DX(@K7RL) M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N7DX(@K7RL) M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2022 15:55:21 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: N7DX
Operator(s): N7DX K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Remote Operation

  160:   12     5
   80:  136    46
   40:  442    58
   20:  516    61
   15:  536    57
   10:   32    19
-------------------
Total: 1674   246  Total Score = 411,804

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Team:

Comments:

Our theme for this contest should be, "Remote operating ain't for
sissies!"

For clarity, our typical M/2 is Mitch, K7RL in the shack, and Tony, N7DX remote
on the Flex 6600M. Just before the opening bell, the internet dropped leaving
Tony scrambling to reconnect. We were plagued by a series of drops and
reconnects the first hour making it difficult to establish any kind of rhythm.
The random drops followed us at various times through the entire contest getting
a little worse before the closing bell. Hats off to Tony for perservering! He is
a true iron man.

10m is alive! In between internet drops, Tony worked his magic picking up those
much needed mults. Lately, it seems like the band is dead on a contest weekend
and alive during the week. Glad to see that trend reversed.

15m and 20m were outstanding and provided the bulk of our QSOs. Static levels
were low and signals were loud. Just how we like it.

Long daylight hours make low band operating this time of year tricky. Despite
the slower rates until sunset approached, we kept pushing. Thanks to those that
pulled out our weak signal.

Heard K9CT on 160m for the farthest signal back east, but never made contact.
The band was a wasteland of static with few signals. Getting stuck here made the
10 minute rule feel like an hour.

Thanks to N6RO, K5KG and K1LZ for the M/2 horserace using the online scoreboard.
Lots of movement up and down as the contest progressed.

Thanks to all for the QSOs and a fun Saturday on the radio.

73, Mitch, K7RL & Tony, N7DX