3830

[3830] NAQP CW KY4ID Single Op Assisted LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mgburton78@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW KY4ID Single Op Assisted LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2022 14:21:33 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: KY4ID
Operator(s): KY4ID
Station: KY4ID

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: Trenton, SC
Operating Time (hrs): 1

  160:   39    18
   80:   78    32
   40:  159    51
   20:  263    60
   15:   48    29
   10:   32    17
-------------------
Total:  619   207  Total Score = 128,133

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Team: SFCG Codebreakers

Comments:

This was the most fun I've had on the radio to date. I started on 10m/15m with a
mix of run/S&P. Picked up some great mults (HI on 10m being one of them) but
it was dreadfully slow. Ended hour 1 with only 35 Qs. Began hour 2 with a run on
20m, which lasted for a long time and allowed me to make up some ground.

I got up early yesterday and put up a 160m half wave inverted V. Given it's
ridiculous size, there was only one place to put the apex, which was only 35ft
up. I didn't expect it to work at all, and said to myself that if I got 5 mults
(something like SC, NC, GA, TN, AL) and 10 Qs I'd be happy. For it's first trial
run, I decided that I would use one of the required off times to switch over to
it so I wouldn't miss any time on the radio. It exceeded expectations with 18
mults and 39 Qs. Longest QSO on it was ZF1A at 999 miles.

Worked all states except AK and ND. It was great to work fellow SFCG members
N4IQ, N4XL, NU4E, K4FT, and WN4AFP on multiple bands, including 20m which was a
surprise. Also good to work many from the SECC. I got a real kick out of working
N3HEE on 3 bands in about 20 minutes. We must've been thinking the same things.

Hope everyone had a blast and thanks for all of the Qs!

73, Burton, KY4ID