3830

[3830] NAQP CW W8FN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8fn@windstream.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W8FN Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2022 14:19:02 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: W8FN
Operator(s): W8FN
Station: W8FN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: North Carolina
Operating Time (hrs): 10:00

  160:
   80:  158    39
   40:  297    43
   20:  167    48
   15:   34    14
   10:   34    14
-------------------
Total:  690   157  Total Score = 108,330

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC#1

Comments:

This year's running started out on a pretty sour note. I discovered that my
primary station K3S for some reason wouldn't produce over about 70W output on 20
meters. That, coupled with having nothing but a low dipole for the high bands,
made the first few hours a real struggle. With only about 250 QSOs in the log
after the first 4 1/2 hours, it looked like I might not be able to do more than
500 or so. It was an unexpected treat to find activity on 10 meters. This really
helped build my multiplier count. 40 and 80 were both pretty noisy with
thunderstorm QRN, but I managed to put together some nice runs and bring the
final QSO total close to my goal of 700. My apologies to the callers I just
couldn't pull out of the noise on 80. Next year I expect to finally have a
decent antenna system in place, and I'm expecting my new K4D for the primary
station to arrive in another month or two, so it should go better. Thanks for
all the QSOs.

73...
Randy, W8FN