3830

[3830] NAQP CW VE3VN Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3vn.fn25@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW VE3VN Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2022 12:33:33 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: VE3VN
Operator(s): VE3VN
Station: VE3VN

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5
OpMode: SO2R

  160:   22    10
   80:   70    25
   40:  272    49
   20:  127    38
   15:   56    19
   10:    7     7
-------------------
Total:  554   148  Total Score = 81,992

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Team: CCO #3

Comments:

I decided to participate at the last minute because the weather was
uncomfortable and A/C indoors was attractive. Unfortunately several antennas
were unusable during summer maintenance, including 160 and the 20 and 15 stacks.
That hurt. Summer QRN made QRP almost futile below 40. Thank you to those that
stuck with me. The saving grace was the yagis on 40. The serial-USB interface
for the 2nd radio died before the contest and I had to run it in manual mode.
Not so convenient when SO2R. Oh well, it was fun regardless of the challenges.