3830

[3830] NAQP CW N5NU/TI2 Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N5NU/TI2 Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2022 05:11:24 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: N5NU/TI2
Operator(s): N5NU/TI2
Station: N5NU/TI2

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: San Jose, Costa Rica
Operating Time (hrs): 8:36

  160:    0     0
   80:    3     3
   40:  102    33
   20:  139    41
   15:  127    40
   10:    5     3
-------------------
Total:  376   120  Total Score = 45,120

Club: DFW Contest Group

Team:

Comments:

Yaesu FT-991 at 100w,  Antenna was 71' random wire with 9:1 unun sloping off of
3rd story roof.  A 40' counterpoise attached laying on top of tin roof.

QTH is lousy.  It is down in a valley and full of intermittent QRN.  My
apologies if you called and we didn't make it.  At one point, I had a very nice
pile-up on 20m and the intermittent noise kicked on.

10m:  I heard faint signals working each other.  Minimal E-skip.  Only 1 answer
to a CQ.  Didn't waste a lot of time here.

15m:  Started poor but improved.  Unfortunately, QRN really hurt here.  Not much
work worked to the west.

20m:  I've got a feeling I couldn't hear 1/2 of the stations calling me.  At
times, I could tell there a pile calling but just no copy.  Intermittent QRN
really killed things.

40m:  Went 40m early because it was the quietest band.  Antenna really works
well to the East Coast but again, not a lot worked out west.

80m:  Faint signals with s5-6 static.  Worked ZF1A, K5KG, and N5RZ.  The latter
2 were difficult.

160m:  QRN was 10 over.

Thanks for all of the QSOs!

73, Jason N5NU/TI2