Re: Topband: Beverage antenna ground

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage antenna ground
From: "Lew Sayre" <w7ew@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 18:32:01 -0700
I recently added 7 50' radials to each end of a couple of 1000' long
reversible Beverages. Previously I'd beaten 2- 5' long 3/4" copper pipes 2'
or 3' into the ground on each end and used them as my Beverage ground. Not
sure I can really tell any difference on how they work.  Go to W8JI's
excellent site and browse through his Beverage antenna construction.
Somewhere in there he shows how to  achieve a stable ground for the
Beverage.
    I haven't demonstrated yet that a stable ground helps a Beverage to hear
but it was good exercise.
   73 and I remain,
    Lew   W7EW/W7AT