Re: Topband: 160m Jammer

To: Tom Rauch <w8ji@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m Jammer
From: Merv Schweigert <k9fd@flex.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 13:54:40 -1000

>Tree sent me this link, which sounds just like the noise
>VK3ZL let me listen to about a year ago:
>
>http://www.kkn.net/~tree/160/160Radar.wav
>
>Bob described it as a "diesel engine idling".

Tom, this is the one I am hearing here in KH6 in the mornings
for the past week or so,  I was not hearing it before, seems like
it started a day of two after BZ0 came on the air, and has been
there every morning since.   Its strong enough here to mask any
weak signals on the band.
The other file I agree is power line noise with a local digital
of some type.
Merv K9FD/KH6