RFI

[RFI] New RFI Source

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] New RFI Source
From: vk3od--- via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2024 05:25:54 +0000 (UTC)
Check for anyone with those "Garden Lights" many of them are using LED's with
nasty switch mode power supplies from the usual culprit country.  You will also
note many are on a night/day sense charge cycle so times they become completely
silent during high noon. The moment they turn on the switch mode  power
supplies kick in and the bands are a mess.
They also have a lot of wires buried near the surface that radiate like full
size antennas. Lately I have been discovering them as each new neighbour wants
their garden lit up like a xmas tree.
I recently found one that had weak Birdies on 14 mhz like little carriers, then
on 18mhz with medium S5 warbling hash, and 21mhz wiped with S9 plus of sweeping
broadband noise. The regulatory failure in this space is a damning indictment
on governments that don't enforce their laws.
73CraigVK3OD