Re: [CQ-Contest] How to start a run

To: Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] How to start a run
From: Jukka Klemola <jpklemola@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 19:04:49 +0300

> And, as always, there is no reason not to simply try CQing when you find a
> hole.  If you catch a few contacts and then it dries up or a big station
> moves in - well, you have those contacts in your log, so move on.  I got
> used to that when operating QRP!
>
> 73, Ward N0AX

+1

Similar experiences with stacks and and amplifier here up NorthEast.
In ARRL DX, we get valuable learning opportunities (i.e. we get frustrated)
as some stations 500 miles West from us report 100W and they use some
indoor ocf dipole.

At those times of personal growth, we do not hear a whisper of the North
Americans those West European barefooters log.

73,
Jukka OH6LI