RE: [CQ-Contest] LotW - Needs More Participation

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] LotW - Needs More Participation
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 10:59:44 -0700 (PDT)
> Does anyone know what standard/documentation ARRL/LotW requires of
> a QSL manager in order to obtain a certificate for a station he/she
> might manage?
>
> For those DX stations with a traditional QSL manager, I don't see
> why the manager couldn't upload logs in any case ... for others,
> perhaps one way to deal with the requirement for documentation for
> foreign amateurs is for US (and other) registered individuals to
> serve as "on-line QLS managers."

Joe, that's a good question.

I registered KC1XX to use LoTW, but gave ARRL my E-mail address.  Matt got the
postcard and told me the secret code.  Then ARRL sent me his certificate.  So I
am able to upload our contest logs to LoTW.  Matt never got the first postcard,
so I had to involve Wayne, N7NG to get the mess straightened out.  So he was
well aware of what I was trying to do and did not stop me.

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC