Re: [Amps] 8877 filament

To: Jim Thomson <jim.thom@telus.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 8877 filament
From: MU 4CX250B <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2017 10:52:14 -0600
What is the mechanism by which an indirectly heated cathode is
"poisoned" if the filament is run at a reduced voltage, with no other
voltage on the tube? I know the cathode can be ruined if the tube is
operated (drawing cathode current) when the cathode is underheated,
but that's a different circumstance than we're talking about here.
73,
Jim w8zr

Sent from my iPhone