[AMPS] Re: Splatter... was: Power ratings

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Splatter... was: Power ratings
From: wc6w@juno.com (Radio WC6W)
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 20:50:41 EDT
On Mon, 26 Jul 1999 13:37:05 -0700 Rich Measures <measures@vc.net>
writes:

>> Also, under this scheme, there is little incentive to design efficient
>>power amplifiers.  Sigh...
>>
>?  So build a G2DAF "Class C Linear".   As long as the splatter is
>confined to the Amateur Radio Service band in use, and interference to
>ongoing emergency communications does not take place, it's perfectly
>legal according to Part 97.

Hi Rich,
   Noooooo, I don't think I shall.... and recalling my limited knowledge
of the DAF, I think it was more zero bias Class B (or AB2) than a Class C
creation...  not considering the dynamic screen action.

  I do have my own crazy Class C (also part time A & B) linear amplifier
under construction, if you caught the note I sent to Peter in response to
an envelope modulation query a couple months back.  Doing it mostly just
for fun with a 4-400.

  Incidently, SPLATTER, as defined as an emission outside necessary
bandwidth,  is no longer permitted under FCC Part 97 neither without nor
within the Ham band in use.  Check section 97.307b, October '95 or later.

  The splatter "enabling" note, to which I presume you referred, that
previously followed section 97.73, before the great renumbering, is no
more!  About time!!  :-)

Clean signals & 73,
   Marv  WC6W

*